Sunday, February 14, 2010

Parametric generative constraint research

Not knowing what the hell your doing is ninety percent of the fun.
I started research a while ago, sifting through blogs, webinars on Building Information Modeling, you tube videos on para-metrics, and basically perusing all the free online content I can find; where better a place to find digital information than the digital highway(now my library).

I am overwhelmed it seems. I know what needs to be done and have the drive, but it seems to me I have bitten off a chunk. The type of Constraint architecture I am looking for seems to be one steeped in scripting and long nights modifying tables and tables of constraints regarding space, form, function, elements, sun exposure, usage patterns, local design criteria, in service exposure, wind pressures, material consistency, functional envelopes, drainage patterns, seasonal effect, oh... and this is an interiors class to boot....... Prelim undergrad stuff. should be cake.

My plan for this endeavor is to investigate a method for developing Architecture through investigation of site specific program and the application of sensitive design constraints.
This will then be scripted as an extra bonus for future development in digital format.

I intend to:
1. Develop a preliminary (living) guide that can be used to develop early concepts in any
modeling program and by hand.
providing major and minor element constraints that have direct effect on the project.
2. Use the guide in a sensitive design driven manner to develop conceptual iterations to be
critiqued by colleagues and Professorial staff.
3. Change in the design will only be based on the constraints in the guide, and if a constraint
does not exist one will be created and implemented.
4. Completion of the project will be determined by producing a viable method to develop
Architecture ........insert foot in mouth........
5. I will update the focus and resulting guides when I figure out how to do it.

Ahh... monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment